Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Learning Unit #3 - Reflection

For my third Learning Unit, I decided to continue with the election concept and go further with it. My third learning unit focused on the issues of the election. I made the format similar to the second learning unit, but changed the scope of the project to focus on the issues rather than the candidates.

I had difficulty with the Wall Wisher tool. My first mind map I created in class would not load on my home computer. I inserted the embed code while I was in class and the application was showing correctly, with all the "bubbles" I created while I was using the classroom computers. When I pulled up my Google Site to work on the learning unit at home on a later date, the application was still available on my Google Site, however, none of the bubbles were there. I believe that once a user makes their Wall Wisher public, anyone can edit it - which could present a possible problem with using this tool in the classroom.

I had difficulty coming up with a valid and useful example using TestMoz. I could not come up with very many ideas to use this particular tool in the classroom.

I loved using Animoto, it created a very professional and classy video that I could see used in the classrooms. The best feature of Animoto was the simplicity in creating the video, which is important when working with students' with disabilities.  I wished that the video could be longer than the .33 seconds.

Learning Unit #3

No comments:

Post a Comment