Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Learning Unit #2 - Reflection

For my second Learning Unit, I came up with the idea to create a unit based on the election. This concept was very relevant in light of the 2012 Presidential Election. This unit would be intended for a high school aged student with mild intellectual disabilities in an inclusive, general education Government class. My second unit focused on getting to know the election candidates.

At first, I didn't think I would find any of the brainstorming tools useful in this learning unit, however, once I discovered that I could share the KWL template that I generated myself, I understood how useful the Google Templates could be.

I really enjoyed using the Tagxedo word cloud once I figured out how I could turn my word clouds into custom shapes by uploading an image that was in the basic shape. I created word clouds that were in the shape of a donkey and an elephant, which represent the two different and most prominent political parties.

My worry with this learning unit would be the student response to the Go!Animate tool. I worry that the students would consider this to be too immature for them, but hope that once they realized how much fun they can have - and still learn, they would become more interested in that animation creation tool.

Learning Unit #2


No comments:

Post a Comment